Saturday, February 2, 2013

Just breath & walk in FAITH

Joshua 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
As a mom of 4 teenagers, I have to constantly remind myself to just breath. I get so upset about stuff that I have no control over. Kids are going to make mistakes! I know this but I want MY kids to be different. I want them to be the kids that do no wrong. Well, this is not possible. I'm learning as we go that it is so important to calm down & just breath. Everything happens for a reason & God is control of every situation.
I have given my children to the Lord & I must trust him with them. He can be with them at all times.
Christian parenting is a HUGE walk in FAITH!
I struggle with control issues. I want to fix everything. I think that I alone have to do it all. When I really need to step back, get out of God's way & let him control the issues at hand. I need to let him fix everything in his own way & in his time. God does not need my help! I'm only making a mess of things & prolonging God's will to be done.
If you are a mom that feels like you are so busy watching over your kids, worrying about every move; I pray right now that God gives you the peace to step back out of the way & relax some. We as mothers have got to learn to have faith. Trust God with these children & let God handle the issues.
Yes, God trust us to raise them & be their parent but he also wants us to trust him when they are just growing & becoming the child of God that he intends for them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment